WS23 – VVVV 10 – Exploring VL.Stride for 3d graphics rendering in vvvv
February 8th 2024, 6 – 9 PM BERLIN time
Live via Zoom, in English Language / Recording will be available the day after the class takes place.
Recordings are accessible for up to one year after purchase.
After the live lesson you will get access to the recording and the workshop files for one year.
Unlock the world of 3D rendering in vvvv, powered by the immense rendering capabilities of the Stride Engine. This workshop is designed for vvvv users and game developers seeking to leverage the game engine principles in the visual programming environment vvvv gamma. We’ll embark on a quick review of the core Stride concepts, such as Primitives, Textures, PBR Materials, Lights, and Shadows. Additionally, we’ll delve deeper into the lesser-known features and workflows that will take your 3D projects to the next level.
During this workshop, participants will gain comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in the following key areas:
- Textures: Learn about texturing to bring your 3D worlds to life.
- Materials: Learn to create and manipulate materials.
- PBR Workflow: Discover the secrets of Physically Based Rendering for realism.
- Emission: Illuminate your scenes with emission effects.
- Displacement: Take control of object displacement.
- Transparency: Understand transparent materials.
- Subsurface Scattering: Explore the magic of subsurface scattering.
- Lights: Illuminate your 3D worlds with various lighting techniques.
- Well-Known Lighting Workflows: Discover established lighting approaches.
- Light Shafts: Create light shaft effects for captivating scenes.
- Shadows: Fine-tune shadow behavior and appearance.
- PostFX: Elevate your renders with Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, and Bloom for a polished look.
This workshop is designed for participants with a basic understanding of VVVV. Familiarity with patching with VVVV and VL.Stride is an advantage
- A recent PC with stable internet connection
- vvvv runs on Windows only
- The latest build of vvvv gamma installed
- Zoom Client installed (please test your audio setup beforehand)
- 3-Button Mouse recommended
About the Instructor
Randall Vásquez (aka @ravazquez) is a software developer by trade, originally based in Costa Rica he started his migration towards Europe and the creative coding world around 2015. He has done work for Marshmallow Laser Feast, YR, Studio Brüll, The Node Institute, m-box and the vvvv group, covering topics like translation, computer vision and depth sensors, touch applications, system design and others, as well as fathering libraries such as VL.OpenCV, VL.Devices.Kinect2 and VL.Devices.Nuitrack. Currently working as a freelancer from Costa Rica.
Student – One Session at 50 EUR = 50 EUR
Professional – One Session at 100 EUR = 100 EUR
Company – One Session at 200 EUR = 200 EUR