SS23 – VVVV – Game Logic
One lesson recordings in English Language
Learn the fundamentals for creating interactive games in vvvv. In this workshop we will be programming a small singleplayer game, covering object-oriented programming principles and strategies how to structure the application.
What you will learn:
- Structuring the game in records and classes
- Handling application state
- Integrating assets like audio and sprites
- Creating different views depending on the game state
Who is it for?
Designers and patchers who want to learn more about structuring an application, handling state and creating simple games.
- Basic understanding of VLs language methodologies (pads, regions, spreads)
- Windows Computer
- A 3 button mouse
- We recommend you to use an external monitor connected to your laptop or PC, this would help you to follow the instructors screen while you patch along on your own device.
- The instructor might ask you to share your screen, therefore it is recommended to remove personal data from your desktop.
Christoph Ignaz Kirmaier
aka chk is a musician, multimedia artist, educator and co-founder of the Vienna and Berlin based Studio 3e8. In the past years he has worked all across large-scale corporate multimedia installations, sound design, generative graphics, electronics, animation, music videos, user experience and robotic prototypes in several companies, bands and collectives. Christoph is teaching vvvv at the University of Applied Sciences St. Pölten in the course of the master digital design, and is currently also studying himself at the Tangible Music Lab in Linz in the master programme Postdigital Lutherie.